Howard Junior High School
Howard and its parents/guardian/students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), agree that this compact outlines how parents/guardians, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high standards.
This school-parent compact is in effect during the 2019 – 2020 school year.
REQUIRED SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT PROVISIONS
Faculty and staff will:
- Show respect for each child and his/her family and model professional behavior.
- Provide an appropriate environment: safe, clean, and orderly.
- Provide appropriate discipline (consistent and equitable).
- Provide students, parent/guardians, and staff with appropriate feedback.
- Provide appropriate activities for class work and homework.
- Provide opportunities for success and celebrate individual accomplishments.
- Complete grade posting in accordance with district policy.
- Provide appropriate correspondences in English and Spanish.
- Show respect and support for children/students and staff.
- First, always get the facts from the source.
- Support district/campus policies: attendance, discipline, academic, club, extra-curricular organizations.
- Respond appropriately to district/campus correspondences.
- Foster student successes and provide students with an appropriate study environment.
- Monitor student’s attendance, behavior, homework, grade reports, and attend requested conferences.
- Participate in decision making committees when possible.
- Be responsible for academic success and behavior.
- Believe in self, be prepared, and participate appropriately daily.
- Be respectful, kind and helpful to parents/guardians, students, staff and school property.
- Follow district/campus policies and procedures and report vandalism and bullying.
- Share correspondences with parents and return signature documents to the appropriate staff.
- Do what is right even when nobody is looking.
Signature denotes that this document was received by the parent and student.
______________Staff September 26, 2019